A sworn or official translation is a translation made by a sworn translator who certifies and attests that the translation is a faithful reflection of the original document. This type of translation is usually required for all official and legal procedures, such as when presenting documents to authorities in countries where the language of those documents is not officially spoken, as well as to companies and institutions.
- Academic degrees and records
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Criminal record certificates
- Municipal registration certificates
- Medical certificates
- Family record books
- Passports, DNI, NIE documents
- Notarial deeds
- Powers of attorney
- Employment contracts
- Lease agreements
- Decrees, judgements
- Articles of incorporation
Electronic sworn translations are possible now
The Interpreting Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation has approved sworn translations with electronic signature in electronic format.
At traddoc we have implemented this new concept of sworn translation. The client decides the option that suits them best.
- Forget about bureaucratic processes and the concept of physical paper.
- The immediacy of receiving the sworn translation in real time, regardless of the client’s location.
- Cost savings. The electronic format replaces the physical format, avoiding delivery expenses. Furthermore, the electronically certified translation can be printed as many times as necessary without losing its legal validity.